October 8, 2021
The Ideal QA Process in Digital Advertising
With video advertising becoming more and more of a prominent digital marketing channel, many advertisers are turning to YouTube advertising to drive additional brand awareness and engagement. YouTube can be a fantastic channel for many advertisers due to:
However, setting up a YouTube campaign for the first time can be a daunting task for many since the world of YouTube is vastly different than the world of Search Engine Marketing. To make the most out of your YouTube advertising efforts, take a look at these 5 tips for setting up your YouTube campaigns.
1. Link your YouTube and AdWords Accounts. Before beginning to create Campaigns, make sure you link your YouTube and AdWords accounts. This will allow you to access additional reporting features as well as use AdWords remarketing lists for video targeting.
2. Always separate out In-Search and In-Display formats into their own campaigns. These formats tend to perform very differently, so you’ll want to be able to evaluate performance and adjust the settings and bids differently for each format.
3. Set campaign budgets to stay within total monthly budget. Unlike paid search, where you typically set campaign budgets not expecting the actual cost to hit that budget every day, YouTube campaigns will likely spend until they hit their daily budget. Make sure you have your campaign budgets set appropriately so you avoid overspending.
4. Use Call-to-Action (CTA) Overlays with all of your videos. These are really important because they give the viewer somewhere to click to bring them to your website. The CTA Overlays look very similar to a paid search ad and can include a logo.
5. Start conservatively with targeting. Similar to GDN Display efforts, you are going to need to do a lot of testing with different targeting methods to figure out what works best. Try starting out with several different targeting methods layered on top of each other (i.e. topics + interests + keywords). If you are not seeing enough volume, you can remove targeting methods as needed to open up the targeting. This way, you don’t end up spending a lot of money right away with too broad of a targeting method that doesn’t end up helping you achieve your goal.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your YouTube advertising efforts will be off to a great start. If you are not doing video advertising, it’s time to stop sitting on the sidelines. If you want to experiment with driving more brand awareness and reaching an audience of 1 billion viewers, start launching your YouTube advertising today.